This is my third year of holding an Open Studio. Joining over 300 other Cambridge Open Studios artists is a highlight of my year. I love all of it – the planning, the build up and most of all, meeting interesting people who come for a browse.
This year, to celebrate my 2016 Open Studio I’ve decided to do a giveaway
The winner of the draw will receive this limited edition signed and numbered giclee print of Poppies in the Sunlight. This print comes mounted and ready to put into a 12 x 16 inch frame.
There are plenty of opportunities to get your name in the draw (see below):
The draw will take place at 6pm on Sunday 24th July.
Your name goes in the draw every time you do one of the following:
- Visit my Open Studio and put your name in the box. I will be open from 11am to 6pm on the 16th, 17th, 23rd and 24th July.
- Sign up for my email newsletter. (I only do 3 or 4 newsletters a year).
- Like my Facebook page
- Share the Facebook post at the top of my page (you will need make sure the privacy setting on the post is ‘public’ so that I can see the share and add your name to the draw)
- Sign up to receive my blog by email
- Follow me on Instagram and pop a comment into the post with about this draw on my feed.
That’s 6 opportunities to get your name in the draw. You could have 6 chances of winning this print.
(About this painting: Every year a few of my works seem to be the zeitgeist pieces of the year. This is one for 2016. It was painted last summer and was then used as the poster image for the Spring Exhibition of the Society of East Anglian Watercolourists Spring Exhibition. The original painting was the first painting to sell at the exhibition. For me this painting represent exuberence and zest for life: a joyful painting)
What’s on show at my Open Studio 2016
This year I have
- 90 of my Running With Brushes paintings on display.
- A number of new watercolours, some of which stem from my South African travels, and some from a recent trip to the island of Paxos.
- I’ve invested in a top quality scanner and giclee printer so this year will also be showing a range of signed limited edition prints mounted and ready to be framed for the wall.
- Seven new greeting cards designs join the collection of evergreen favourites.
I am aware that time is precious and I so value the effort people make to come and see my open studio. My working studio, untidy as it is when I paint, will be open for visitors to look around and I’ll be there to answer any questions and chat about my inspiration and my approach to painting.
And if the weather is kind to us, we’ll even be able to have our tea and cake in the garden. The next two weekends are looking to be fabulous!