My last painting in the One Hundred Wash Challenge was one of the watercolour flowers I did in the series. It was a purple clematis flower painted from a photograph in our garden. Looking back at it now, it was a bit ‘Meh’ because it lacked any real excitement. But to be fair, the purpose of the challenge wasn’t to create completed paintings, but to learn about pigment and paper.
As with many of my original challenge pieces, it has been sitting in the browser in my studio, waiting for it’s day to come. And today was that day.
It was time to slice it up and spice it up – and create some value for Running with Brushes from it.
Creating abstracts from watercolour flowers
Naturally, I had to turn this into a challenge within a challenge. I decided to try and create at least four abstracts from this one, and convey something different about the flower in each one. So here’s the first of the paintings I created out of it. Tomorrow I’ll post the second one.